FileUpdater Admin is installed in the following way:
- Install the MSI file on the administrator’s machine
- Choose Next in the Setup Wizard
- Choose Next again. It is recommended to use the standard setting with the given location.
(Tick mark Everyone if all users of this machine must be able to use the FileUpdater Admin module. If not tick mark Just me)
- Click Next and confirm the installation
The installation will then execute
(If an error occurs here it is possible that an earlier version of FileUpdater Admin is already running on the machine. Check in Task Manager in the Details tab or the Processes tab and close the running process named SD.Updater.ContentInitializer.exe -then choose Try Again.
- Click Close
- After installation of the MSI it is time to activate the license. Right click in a white space in File Explorer (any folder) or on the Desktop. Hold the mouse cursor over the context menu ”FileUpdater Lite” and click About…
- Click Load license and find the license file clf.slf in the location it is kept on the machine.
- A confirmation prompt will appear. Click OK in the two open dialogues. Your company license is now registrered for FileUpdater Admin.
The company name specific to this license will now appear in About SkabelonDesign FileUpdater under Licenced to: and in the right click FileUpdater context menu. In this guide the company name is ”SkabelonDesign A/S”.