When the administrator wishes to update the template files for the users he or she can publish them with the FileUpdater Admin module.
Update - and test the before publish (optional but recommended)
If the administrator is operating the FileUpdater Admin module from a PC with Office installed we recommend doing a local test of the changes in office by:
- Closing the office programs
- Test the changed profile by right clicking on Profile, hold the mouse cursor over FileUpdater Lite for [Company Name] and choose Update…
Publish - and distribute changes to users
- We recommend the administrator to make a backup copy of the files folder within the Profile before publishing new files for the users.
Simply copy the folder named files in place (CTRL+C,CTRL+V) and rename it so it has today’s date, e.g. files_20160727. If something goes wrong when publishing you can delete or rename the new files folder and rename files_20160727 back to files and publish again.
It is only the files and settings folders that are published via profile.xml, therefore it is no problem to have a backup or two in the Profile folder.
- Place the new files to be published in the correct subfolders in files. For example templates can placed in files/Office/UserTemplates.
- Publish the profile by right clicking on Profile, hold the mouse cursor over FileUpdater Lite for [Company Name] and choose Publish…
A status indicator will show the publishing progress.
The published files will be available on the users’ machines the next time they log into Windows or actively select update with the FileUpdater client.