Paste Slide is a tool that enable users to copy a slide from one presentation and paste it into another. This feature pastes from the clipboard, and thus ensures that the pasted slide will be inserted without the master.
How to use Paste Slide
1) Copy the slide concerned in one presentation.
2) Go to the other presentation in which the copied slide should be pasted.
3) Click the button to insert the copied slide.
4) This opens a dialogue where you must select which layout in the current presentation the copied slide should be inserted as.
An example of this dialogue is visualized below. Here, all layouts that are present in the presentation are listed and can be selected. After selecting a layout, finish by clicking "Apply".
The first option, "Merge layout(s) with current master", will insert the slide with the master and thus not paste it as an existing layout in the current presentation.
If several slides are copied, the layout must be selected slide by slide. This means that the dialogue will prompt for each selected slide. If the slides should be inserted as one layout, check off "Use selected layout for all copied slides" when a layout is selected and before clicking "Apply".
5) Now, the copied slide will be inserted into the presentation with adjustments in order to match the layout in which it is inserted. If the copied slide contains some kind of content, e.g. text, it will be pasted and adjusted as well.
Example of usage
Let's say that I copy the slide below to paste into another presentation.
I open the other presentation and click the button. In the dialogue, I select which layout the copied slide should be inserted as and finish by clicking "Apply". Now, the slide will be inserted according to the selected layout.
Article is closed for comments.